Creating Kids Impressions Points
To guide as a dessert date with your younger child(ren) in which you will select ways to share faith discussions together.
Helps you launch frequent faith discussions in order to fulfill the commandment to “impress them on your children” found in Deuteronomy 6:6-9.
- Invite each child out for a special parent/child dessert date. You might want to send them a nice invitation in the mail just for fun!
- Bring this recipe card with you to guide a discussion in which your child will select the times and questions he or she wants to try as you launch parent/child faith discussions
Serve It Up
Select which of the times and discussion questions on the reverse you and your child(ren) would most enjoy.
Capture moments while eating together.
- What To Do: After giving thanks for your meal, someone shout “High - Low?” That means everyone around the table must share the high point and low point of their day.
- What To Discuss: While eating, discuss any of the following...
- What Bible story did you learn at church this past weekend?
- Name a favorite Bible character and tell his/her story.
- If God wrote a letter directly to you this week, what topic would he address and what would he say?
Give each other a brief blessing at bed time.
- What To Do: While tucking in for bed, parent or child says “What do I love?” The other person must then guess what the person is thinking in one of the following categories...
- A fun moment they shared that day
- Something nice about the other person
- Something they appreciate that person did today
- What To Discuss: Before falling asleep, ask and answer the following...
- How did we experience God’s goodness today?
- Did we need to ask God’s forgiveness today?
- What do we want to give thanks for before falling asleep?
Explore God’s creativity while in the car.
- What To Do: Each time you plan to take a short drive, play a game of “I spy” together - naming several things God created (a flower, a cloud, a blue bird, a cow, etc.) that you must spot before arriving to your destination.
- What To Discuss: On a longer drive discuss any of the following...
- We know that God knows our future. What do you hope he sees in your future at age (insert future ages)?
- What do you think God wants you to do this week in order to prepare for such an exciting future?
- How will you use that future experience as a way of worshiping God with your life?
Finally, be sure to put a date on the calendar to get started!